Health Care

Buhari To Address Nigerians Jan 1

Buhari To Address Nigerians Jan 1

Reacting to the uproar on social media, senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, Mr Garba Shehu, in a recorded interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), obtained by Olisa Blogazine on Saturday said the list had been prepared since October, 2016 but was never made public due to the health challenges faced by the president.

"How can they possibly initiate and successfully implement national and global instruments for national development in today's competitive world?"

"When we say that this government is completely inept, some Nigerians did not know to which level, but now they do", Mr. Ologbondiyan said.

"The president's trips for medical attention slowed down completion of the process", he said, until when Mr Buhari chose to revisit the matter recently.

"The names were compiled by the national secretariat of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and forwarded to SGF".

Subsequently, he revealed, the names were submitted to the then SGF, Babachir Lawal.

Massive fire rips through block of flats in Manchester city centre
Joiner Street and Church Street were closed as 12 fire appliances responded to the blaze, which affected around four properties. Aman Thakar, visiting Manchester, told the Guardian that the fire appeared to have been quickly brought under control.

He explained that the list was compiled in 2015 by the ruling party but there was the need to clear some issues raised by some governors regarding the list.

He added that, having recovered fully, Buhari only instructed the new SGF, Mr Boss Mustapha, to release the list.

The Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, has urged Nigerians to keep alive their hope in the ability of President Muhammadu Buhari's administration to restore the economy and bring it to a remarkable height.

He said that between the compilation of the list and its announcement, the APC could not stop people from dying but assured that all dead appointees on the list will be replaced.

While calling on the new appointees to do Ekiti State proud in their various assignments, the party urged the President to consider Ekiti State for more appointments and also locate more employment-generating projects in the state.

Efforts to get the spokesman of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF), Mohammed Nakorji, to comment on the development were not successful.