Entertaiment

Cristiano Ronaldo denies allegations of 2009 rape in Las Vegas

Cristiano Ronaldo denies allegations of 2009 rape in Las Vegas

Last year, German newspaper Der Spiegelpublished an article in which an anonymous American woman revealed that soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo allegedly raped her in 2009 and bought her silence for $375,000 in an out-of-court settlement.

"What they said today: Fake, fake news", Ronaldo, 33, said in a video posted on Instagram.

Shortly after that, Mayorga alleges Ronaldo pulled her into a bedroom of the suite and raped her, despite her repeated cries of "no, no, no".

She says she only signed the original document because she was "scared" and "didn't want her name" in the public spotlight.

Football megastar Cristiano Ronaldo has labeled the rape claims against him as "fake news" and is preparing to sue.

Chillingly she claims the Portugal and Juventus star told her: "I'm sorry, I'm usually a gentleman" after allegedly raping her in his hotel suite leaving her with PTSD and suicidal thoughts.

Ms Mayorga told Der Spiegel that she met Ronaldo in Las Vegas" "Rain' nightclub, where she worked as a promoter, in June 2009.

The lawsuit accuses Ronaldo of battery for sodomizing her.

Rod Rosenstein’s fate is just a matter of time
Others suggested restraint while checking whether the report was correct or if it was planted by some adversary. Rosenstein, you may recall, was the one who wrote the memo criticizing then-FBI Director James B.

The magazine's Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Alfred Weinzierl, told Reuters that Der Spiegel had repeatedly written to Ronaldo's management and lawyers about the allegations before publishing its report.

She has reportedly launched a civil suit against Ronaldo in the U.S. state of Nevada in relation to the rape allegations, according to court documents filed on Friday last week. She says she struggled to maintain relationships or hold down a job.

Even Mayorga had noticed that she was being followed.

"[The report] violates the personal rights of our client Cristiano Ronaldo in an exceptionally serious way", Shertz's statement said.

But after hiring a new lawyer, Leslie Mark Stovall, Ms Mayorga has now filed a civil complaint that seeks to declare the stated non-disclosure agreement as void.

In an interview with Der Spiegel, Mayorga claimed Ronaldo said he was "99 per cent good a good guy" let down by the "1 per cent".

In a statement, Ronaldo's lawyer Christian Schertz said: "the reporting in Spiegel is blatantly illegal." adding that they will be seeking compensation for moral damages.