No sign of assault in Saudi sisters' NYC deaths

No sign of assault in Saudi sisters' NYC deaths

The older sister attended George Mason University but left in the spring.

ASSOCIATED PRESS Passport photos of Tala and Rotana Farea, found dead in NY. The sisters did, police said, reference the allegations of abuse when applying.

The sisters had last been seen by their family in Virginia on 30 November 2017.

Shea stopped short of saying that the sisters had killed themselves but said police have 'no credible information that any crime took place'. He saw them sitting together at around 7 a playground at Riverside Park - and the image now haunts him, Shea said.

Earlier this week, The New York Times reported the Saudi Embassy in Washington had called the mother of the two sisters to inform her that her daughters had applied for asylum.

Shea said they were found in an area where they could easily walk into the water on their own volition.

But they were wearing westernized clothes, including black leggings and fur coats - a no-no in the arch-conservative desert kingdom.

The cause of death has not been determined as forensics reports are being compiled. Police previously said the bodies showed no signs of trauma.

About eight months later, in August, the girls went missing from the facility where they had been staying.

"I can't talk about it", she said. But so far, investigators have uncovered no evidence that the sisters were victims of foul play.

The two Saudi sisters whose bodies were found bound together in New York's Hudson River were running out of money and were desperate not to return home, investigators said Friday.

Rangers' Steven Gerrard still believes in his players despite League Cup defeat
Ferguson said on PLZ Soccer's the Football Show: " Rangers need to get to finals if they want to be made out to be a good team". Captain James Tavernier has offered an apology to the Rangers support after his side's latest Hampden nightmare.

How did they end up in NY?

On Aug. 24, police officers said, the girls traveled to New York City, arriving on September 1. At the time, police said the sisters were referred to county family services.

What did the sisters do before their deaths?

They stayed in several different upscale hotels in the city and maxed out a credit card, according to an NYPD spokesman quoted by United States media.

"But the police in NY said the mother, whom they did not identify, also reported her daughters missing a year ago".

They were in good health according to surveillance footage reviewed by the detectives, but had run into financial troubles as their credit cards began to reach their limit.

Cops found the younger sister in a local shelter - away from her mother, according to

"We are looking into a two-month gap", Shea said. "They just came and went".

Shea said the witness, who appeared to be credible, described the scene as "haunting"'.

Two Saudi Arabian sisters whose bodies were found bound on the banks of the Hudson River.