Global

Iran's supreme leader says there will be no war with U.S.

Iran's supreme leader says there will be no war with U.S.

He continued: "Hopefully we're not going to have to plan for that". We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo declared on a visit to Russian Federation the Trump Administration is not seeking a conflict with Iran.

Help us grow and continue telling Israel's story to the world.

Amid escalating tensions with Iran, President Donald Trump's top national security advisers reviewed military plans last week that would send more 120,000 US troops to the Middle East "should Iran attack American forces or accelerate work on nuclear weapons", The New York Times reported Monday.

USA military officials have said there is an elevated threat level facing US troops deployed in Iraq and Syria - primarily emanating from Iranian-controlled Shiite militias. Iran has denied involvement.

Ghika was speaking to Pentagon reporters from Baghdad as tensions between the USA and Iran have spiked in recent weeks.

Saudi Aramco has taken all necessary measures and temporarily shut down the pipeline to evaluate its condition, the report said.

His comments came after four commercial ships were targeted in a "sabotage attack" off the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Sunday.

Iran distanced itself from Sunday's incident, saying it is "worrisome and awful", and has called for an investigation.

Tehran has been embroiled in an escalating war of words with the United States over stricter USA sanctions, which have cut its oil exports and tightened global supply.

Gowdy: 'Saint James' Comey thinks he 'gets to write the moral script'
In releasing a summary of the report in late March, Attorney General William Barr said he would not pursue an obstruction of justice charge against the president.

The US has pursued a policy of "maximum pressure" including trying to prevent third countries buying Iranian oil since Mr Trump unilaterally withdrew the US from a 2015 deal created to curtail Iran's nuclear program in May 2018. Unnamed US officials have said there has been an increased threat from Iran and Iranian-backed forces against US forces in the Middle East, including Iraq and Syria. Saudi Arabia is an opponent of Iran and supports USA efforts to curtail the country's nuclear ambitions.

The assessment, while not conclusive, was the first suggestion by any nation that Iran was responsible and comes after a series of USA warnings against aggression by Tehran or its allies and proxies against military or commercial vessels in the region, reports Efe news.

A Saudi-led coalition has been battling the Houthis for four years in Yemen to try to restore the internationally recognised government, in a conflict widely seen as a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

"It can not be a random attack". Others, who are urging a diplomatic resolution to the current tensions, said it amounts to a scare tactic to warn Iran against new aggressions.

Houthi spokesperson Mohamed Abdel Salam threatened further attacks on Saudi Arabia and said its forces had not ruled out the possibility of targeting the UAE.

About 30% of all seaborne oil exports pass through the Strait of Hormuz from Middle East crude producers to markets in Asia, Europe, North America and beyond.

Fujairah is located close to the Strait of Hormuz, a strategically important waterway that connects the Persian Gulf to the Arabian Sea.

Brent crude futures were at $71.02 a barrel at 1335 GMT, up 79 cents or 1.12 per cent.

The Saudi stock index, which suffered heavy losses in the last two days, closed up 0.1% after falling as much as 2.1% on the drone attacks.

"Their president says every Friday there are demonstrations in Tehran against the state..."